Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tuesday Great Aunt Blogging: The Dems Starve America Edition

Last week I told you I was no longer sure whose scrapbook I'm using for this weekly feature. I determined it wasn't my grandmother's as I had originally been told and it appears it belonged to a great aunt or uncle living in Ohio. After showing the book to my father, he could not place it and claimed to have never seen it before. So the mystery continues until I can talk to the only living authority on all things family related on my father's side -my cousin who lives in Southern Illinois. In the meantime, I'm declaring the originator of this scrapbook to have been a long lost great aunt.

Anyway, on with the early '50s wingnut blogging.

Today we learn that the Democrats long ago destroyed the U.S. livestock industry. That would explain why I've only seen pictures of hamburgers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As an historical note, the "DiSalle" referred to in the cartoon was Michael V. DiSalle, Director of the office of Price Stabilization under President Truman (1950-52). I'm assuming it was his dastardly policies that took the meat off America's tables forever. Only a Democrat could do it, ya know.

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Soylent Green is People!

Anonymous said...

The Repubilcans saved beef, like everything else.

I guess you don't know that.