Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bar Time

I see Springfield Mayor Tim Davlin is going to bat for the Springfield bar owners again. Strange that, isn't it?
The individual alderman in each of Springfield's 10 wards would decide whether a bar or restaurant could temporarily sell beer or liquor outside under an ordinance pending before the city council.

The council did not vote Tuesday on the ordinance, which was proposed by Mayor Tim Davlin, and sent it back to the public affairs committee. It could be voted on at the July 19 meeting.

Currently, the entire council must approve temporary outside sales permits. Davlin told aldermen he wanted to make the process, which can take up to 30 days, faster for businesses. The new process could work as quickly as a week.

"It doesn't matter to me, but I just think it makes it a lot more easy on business owners," said Davlin, the former part-owner of a Springfield business that includes a bar.
No, I'm sure it doesn't matter to the mayor. Or his bar-owning brother.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Chantilly Lace and The Barrel Head last I knew.

And I have nothing against Kevin or the establishments. I've spent tons of time and money in both over the years.