Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday Beer Blogging: Swedish Edition

Bring on the Swedish Beer Team.

Did you know the Swedish word for “blue” is “bla”? And that’s what the Swedish brewers at Pripps call their beer: Bla. Funny thing is, the first time I ever tried beer as a much too youthful a youth, that’s exactly what I said: BLA! Beer is an acquired taste after all.

I went to the Pripps Blue, er - Pripps Bla, web site and found the Swedish beer guys make such varieties as: Pripps Bla, Pripps Bla Light, Pripps Bla Extra Stark (the Swedish word for “strong” is “stark” and Pripps Stark has a 7.2 alcohol content!) and Pripps Sommarspecial.

Pripps also has a whole page (no direct link) on how they make the Bla. One thing I’ve noticed over the last year visiting all these beer makers’ web sites is they love to tell you how they make the beer. I’m not sure most of us really care but they all think we do. I’ll just humor them so they keep making their brew but I’m really not that interested.

By the way, I had help in translating Swedish here.

No comments: