Thursday, January 26, 2006

Insane Wingnuts

Didn’t I read this same story about three years ago:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, says Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is as great a threat today as
German dictator Adolf Hitler was in 1935, and the United States should not wait to help bring about a regime change in Iran.
Only I think it was maybe a lot of other wingnuts and a different “I” country. Oh, and I think I read this somewhere back then too:

When asked about President Bush's top priorities in his remaining three years in office, Gingrich said atop that list should be overthrowing -- peacefully but most likely militarily -- the government of Iran.
Boy, two Hitler’s and two Nazi Germanys in less than four years! How dreadful. Well OK then, let’s find an Army that isn’t busy we can use and get at it.

Newt’s really running for president on the More War ticket?

No comments: