Thursday, June 30, 2005

Adios Old Taco Bell

The Taco Bell on west Monroe has been closed for some time but the building was still there -until this week. I noticed Tuesday night that it had just been knocked down. The equipment used was still sitting on the pile of rubble.

I don't mean to get all sentimental about a stupid fast food restaurant but, damn it, that was a favorite after hours stop of mine going back to my younger days when I was, well, out after hours quite a bit. That was back when my stomach could still handle a gooey Burrito Supreme after a night of libations.

Oh well, out with the old and in with -hey, what is going in there? I had heard a Starbuck's was planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the internationally acclaimed hybrid Oak that was at the edge of the parking lot?

Grandes Cigarro said...

A Starbucks... if you like coffee, Starbucks is the heroin of coffee.