Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Not as Bad as the Worst

Jim at Abelog takes a swing at WMAY colleague and TEH detractee Pamela Furr for...
...failing to point out the logical fallacy for a caller who demands to know when Dick Durbin ever expressed the same kind of outrage over terrorist beheadings that he has over America's excesses at Gitmo.
This reminds me of when I had my talk show in the mid 80's at the height of the renewed Cold War.

Anytime I would utter a discouraging word about any aspect of the Reagan administration (which, I admit, was often), I would get some caller telling me I had to now be critical of the Soviet Union to be fair. Huh? Why? If there is anything wrong anywhere else in the world the US government is exempt from criticism? We can't set our own standards?

Being a smart ass, I would ask the caller if I also needed to "say something bad" about Ghana and Indonesia, you know, to be fair.

1 comment:

Rob B. said...

Indonesia is ok, but the drinking water was a little sulfer-ish tasting. Just in case you ever need any ammo.