Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Jim Leach's Blog Is Up and Running

Here.

It's turning into a good week for new blogs here in Springfield. While JeromeProphet is slowly creeping off the starting blocks, Jim Leach, of WMAY fame, comes bounding out on his new blog, AbeLog -- A Blog. I know I'm going to be particularly fond of his planned regular Colleague-Bashing feature where he beats up on the other talkers on WMAY. Yum.

With his own talk show and news department to draw from, Jim's blog should one of the best and most visited in the city if he sticks with it. The rest of us won't be able to keep up.

UPDATE: I just noticed Jim doesn't have comments enabled. Is this intentional? Surely he's used to feedback (good and bad) doing a talk show. Of course, a comments section on a popular blog can quickly get out of control with abusive (and slanderous) trolls unless you stay on top of it.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Actually, near as I can tell, they are enabled. But since I'm relatively new to this thing you call "blogging," all I can make show up is the # symbol underneath a post. Click on that and you can get to the link to post comments. I tested it once and it worked. Do you know a way to replace the # with the word "comments"?

I did figure out how to construct a blogroll -- and you are on it now on my blog. Thanks for the plug.

Jim

Dave said...

Actually, the # sign is your permanent link (permalink) but once you get to the permalink page, the comments are available. I didn't notice that at first. So good, you do have comments, you just need to allow access to the comments on your main page (in my opinion).

JeromeProphet said...

Try changing your template.
If you want the same template, just change it once, then change it back to what you wanted originally.

This should get your comments working, and save you from having to take a crash course in blog mark up language.

Then again, it might not work, and if so, blame Dave for allowing people like me to post comments.

ET