Friday, June 17, 2005

Durbin Stands Firm

Jim Leach posts a portion of his interview with Illinois Senator Dick Durbin this morning for WMAY. Durbin isn't rolling over. From the interview:
I'm making it clear that as they twist these comments out of context, I'm fighting back. Last night several senators went to the floor and tried to say things about me that just were not true. Well, I'm not going to be bullied and I'm not going to be intimidated. I went to the floor to face my critics, and I'll do that again. I'm not perfect by a long shot; I don't pretend to be. But somebody has to speak out.
Jim will be playing the full interview Monday morning on his show.

Is there now any doubt that within just a matter of days Jim has become the most vital blogger of news and politics in Springfield? Still, he doesn't know shit about beer blogging.

1 comment:

JeromeProphet said...

Jim's blog is rolling along quite nicely.

I've already posted several long winded comments.

The Senator has no need to explain his comments. Fire away Senator, fire away.