Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Gidwitz Runs, LaHood Funds

Ron Gidwitz's official entry into the Illinois gubernatorial race means there are now two officially announced Republican candidates and six others exploring the idea.

But I found this interesting: Rep. Ray LaHood, one of the six others, continues to hold fundraisers and seems to think he has a shot at the governor's mansion.
LaHood, meanwhile, had three fund-raisers in Washington, D.C., this past week and plans to raise more money in Illinois in the coming days. One event in Morton will be co-hosted by LaHood's mentor, former House Minority Leader Bob Michel of Peoria.

"I've been surprised at the fact, that at this point, I am considered a pretty substantial potential candidate for governor. I didn't know if that would be the case in January when I started with this venture," said LaHood.
Wasn't it just two weeks ago LaHood was looking at what he could legally do with the money he had raised to date should he not run? I'm not sure I would give to a guy who was that close to quitting but I guess some people feel differently.

No comments: