Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Don't Get Used To It

The warm weather we have had most of this fall so far is lulling even me into a false sense of ‘winter will never come’. Yesterday was almost perfect; it was still near 70 degrees late into the evening.

But remember, it was the day before Thanksgiving last year that we in Springfield got the worst snowfall of the season. Nearly half a foot of heavy wet snow practically destroyed my backyard, taking down tree limbs, wrecking bushes and even collapsing a trampoline. Personally, it was the most destructive storm I’ve ever had to deal with. I say personally because the big 1978 ice storm, for example, was much more destructive to the city but had little impact on the place where I actually lived (my parent’s house).

Anyway, be prepared for things to change quickly and for the worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I've been procrastinating dealing with my sock situation. I guess the weather will force me to confront it, now.