Thursday, December 01, 2005

See Judy Run

I don't have much to say about Judy Baar Topinka's official entry into the Illinois governor’s race but Jim Leach thoroughly covers her appearance here in Springfield last night.

Jim links to a story on Topinks from the WLS-TV Chicago website. In it, she is referred to as Judy Topinka (no Baar). I’m no Topinkaphile but I think that’s the first time I’ve seen her name sans Baar. And I see someone from the Blagojevich re-election camp is quoted in the story also referring to her as only Judy Topinka. I guess I’m just out of the loop on this one.

1 comment:

BlogFreeSpringfield said...

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that omitting the Barr from her name is an intentional omission intended to knock her down a peg or two based on the assumption that dual last names are a sign of pretentiousness.

Her primary opponents might employ this tactic since they have little to lose. Rod, if he were smart, would avoid it as it won't play well with the feminists.

So Dave, are you like me? Are you lamenting the fact that Vallas isn't running. I don't think that I've been more disappointed in the Democratic Party than when they voted in Blago over Vallas in the last primary. That'll be a hard one to live down.