Monday, October 17, 2005

Loami Woman Makes National News

Well, sort of. In a story about tourists returning to New Orleans, the Associated Press finds a Loami resident to talk to:
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- Jeanie Reavis has come for Mardi Gras and Jazzfest and Creole Christmas, dozens of trips to the city she loves. She will head to New Orleans again Monday, undeterred by the destruction she witnessed on her TV screen from 700 miles away. She says she has to.

"Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but everyone that knows me knew that as soon as it was open I'd be getting down there," said the 54-year-old secretary from Loami, Illinois, near Springfield. "I really need to see it."

[snip]

Reavis will visit New Orleans with her husband, as they have more than 30 times before, though this time will be more a pilgrimage than a vacation.

"For me, New Orleans is my favorite place in the world," Reavis said. "My only reservation is that I'm sure I'm going to cry when I see it."
OK, Loami, Jeanie is 54 no matter what she's been saying. The AP says so.

No comments: