Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Caught McNaught

...
As a follow-up to my Comet McNaught post below, I want to report that I did indeed see the comment last evening. A few notes:

I was just northwest of the city and had a great unobstructed view of the western horizon. Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment, I had to leave about half an hour after sunset when there was still a significant amount of glow from the already set sun on the horizon.

I could see the comet with the naked eye buy only after I identified it using my binoculars. In this sense I think, for now anyway, McNaught is a bit less spectacular than was Hale-Bopp.

It was, however, an amazing site through the binoculars. Check out the McNaught photo gallery again.

It’s going to be cloudy/rainy right through the weekend so next week will offer the soonest opportunity to try to see it again.

No comments: