Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stiffed Down Under

...
The Springfield Ned Kelly’s closed? Well, that sucks because I’m one of those outa-luck gift certificate holders.
Gift certificates purchased before the closing of Ned Kelly’s Steakhouse in Springfield can be redeemed at remaining outlets in Bloomington and Peoria, company representatives said Tuesday.
Sure, I’ve been wanting to drive up to Bloomington to eat at a chain restaurant because you just can’t do that here. Sorry, but the company should be offering mail-in refunds especially since they closed the Springfield store without notice. I wonder if the employees got any notice. I bet not. Apparently their webmaster wasn’t told either as Springfield is still listed as a restaurant location.

And why did Ned’s close? Hell, why did Damon’s close? I find it hard to believe it was because they were losing money. Maybe they just weren’t making enough by corporate standards.

No comments: