Monday, January 29, 2007

One Hit Wonders in Illinois Politics

...
OMG – The SJ-R digs up (no - not that way, he isn’t dead yet) former Illinois Governor Dan Walker. I kind of wish they had gone more into what he did as governor. I remember his walking the state campaign stunt prior to the 1972 election, but I’ll be damned if I can remember anything notable he accomplished as governor. That’s not to say he didn’t do anything, I just don’t remember and the SJ-R doesn’t fill me in. It was kind of interesting though to find out where he is (California) and what he looks like (click photo gallery link below the online story).

One thing I do remember was that Walker, after being elected, shopped the Catholic schools in Springfield for a place to send his daughter (Margaret?) who happened to be in the same grade as me. I heard the looked at Blessed Sacrament where I attended school but settled on Christ the King.

This is the first in a series of where-are-they-nows by the SJ-R.

No comments: