Saturday, July 07, 2007

No Sale!

This hasn't been a huge concern of mine either way, but I'm glad the Illinois house has rejected the sale of the state lottery. The whole idea seemed so short-sighted; a quick-fix with long-term negatives. So three cheers for the lawmakers.

But what I found really interesting in the SJ-R story was this bit:
"Our challenge is to try to convince House Democrats, Mr. Madigan, to stop being a Republican, to stop forming partnerships with conservative right-wing Republicans to pass budgets that take health care away from children, that take services away from senior citizens, that cut education,'' Blagojevich said. "We need to get Mr. Madigan to be a Democrat again and stop being a George Bush Republican,'' Blagojevich said.
Uhhhhh...wow. I'm thinking Mr. Blagojevich needs to look in the mirror. It's he who is acting like Mr. Bush.

You know, I keep wondering how upset I would be at Blagojevich in a universe in which my indignation wasn't constantly being sucked-up by a horribly amok Bush administration.

No comments: