Friday, July 27, 2007

Vacation is Served

I'm out of here for a week of vacation. We're flying to California Saturday for what amounts to a family gathering in Newport Beach. We'll be staying right on the beach so I'm looking forward to a lot of sun and surf. My 4 year-old son, who has never been in an ocean, is concerned about whales and sharks getting him. However, his sunscreen is fortified with whale/shark repellent. As far as he knows anyway.

It's been two years since I've had a significant vacation like this. I was in New Orleans then and a few weeks later Katrina hit. Southern California might want to brace for an earthquake long about Sept 1.

Blogging will likely be very light next week but I may drop in to blog a postcard or two. Friday Beer Blogging will be a rerun but that's the only post I have planned in advance. It's my understanding that we will have internet access but my blogging motivation level may be low. I'm actually kind of hoping it is.

No comments: