Monday, July 09, 2007

Truckin’

I don’t know why, but I find this new reality show on the History Channel quite compelling. It’s about a bunch of tuckers, most of whom have heavy Canadian accents, hauling loads over the “Ice Road” near the Arctic Circle. They drive their rigs over frozen lakes during a narrow window of opportunity in the Spring when the lakes of northern Canada are still frozen but the weather has warmed up to a balmy minus 30 degrees. Their destination is a giant DeBeers diamond mine. Who knew there was a diamond mine in the arctic? It’s amazing how many alternate universes exist right in our own universe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, my husband's obsessed with this show. With two of you watching, they might keep it on.

Rich Miller said...

I love that show.

Anonymous said...

Here is a another non sequitur: Last night I watched 3 hours of Man vs. Wild. I cannot turn that show off.