Thursday, February 22, 2007

ByeBlog

.
Brian Pierce’s blog, BriBlog, has only a brief message tonight saying “I’ll Be Back” following what looks to be the unexpected and unwanted loss of his radio gig at WNNS.

Radio is a cutthroat business and often air talent just ‘disappears’ without explanation. I’ve always hated that since these people have a semi-personal relationship with their audience and fans. Then they’re gone and good luck ever finding out why.

Just what the hell did they do? Maybe they just got stale and were bad for business. But short of them having committed crimes, who cares, it just sucks. I mean Kellie Michaels has been at WNNS for like 20 years (that’s 186 in radio years). So much for loyalty. Or maybe they quit, but I doubt it.

So in a display of solidarity with Pierce I’ll say to him, you’re right Hillary is a bit of a bitch. That’s a statement that’s made much easier by her knives-out attack on Barack Obama today.

I would encourage Pierce to use his blog to explain his side of the story. Blogs may be lame (no cume!) but hey, yours would offer an unfiltered forum for what happened. Go for it, man.

No comments: