Monday, February 19, 2007

Whack-a-Stack

.
JeromeProphet continues to assail the St. John’s Hospital “bloody” smoke stack. He’s also assembled a music video illustrating his cause. It’s pretty good with an interesting ending.

I’m not sure I’ve seen or heard anything about this issue in the local media lately. That doesn’t mean there hasn’t been any coverage, just that it may have been tucked away somewhere I missed it.

Update: On the other hand, a rebuttal comment to JP's post says:

St. John's spent close to a million bucks installing a high tech scrubber on their incinertor. As a result, the level of pollution that comes from the stack amounts to less than a pack of cigarettes per day.

Alright, assuming that's true, and it very well may be, I'm just curious as to what that stuff is on the outside of the smoke stack. I don't know that it's bad but it would be interesting to find out.

1 comment:

JeromeProphet said...

SiteMeter shows StJohns.Org Came in at the same time I recorded an anonymous comment on the post.

Very thoughtful, and informed comment.

Still, I don't see how such a clean incinerator can be accumulating reddish condensates.

It looks both unsightly, and unhealthy.

I challenge anyone who feels it's healthy to go up there with the crew, and take a big long lick across that red colored slime.

And what does it imply about the quality of air coming out of that stack, and floating across the east side of town day and night?

JP