Monday, February 19, 2007

OK, Peace Y’all

.
Well that was a bit of bloggity fun, but time to move on now. I’ve picked on Mr. Pierce long enough. Just a few comments though:

While not a huge Hillary Clinton fan myself (based on politics, nothing personal) I really, really thinks she’s gotten a very raw deal from the right wing in the country over the last 15 years. Lots and lots of unwarranted hatred, real hatred, and mean-spirited, often baseless, attacks have come her way from a lot of childish characters. With an obvious falsehood showing up on a local blog, I thought it a good opportunity shut the bullshit down in a very small corner of the universe.

I find a lot of traditional media types to be very presumptive in their authority over the discourse in this country. I was actually kind of shocked that BP would play the “cume” card, if you will. And no, JP was not comparing him to Hitler, just making the point that having an audience doesn’t make anyone beyond reproach or their message somehow superior.

I think Pierce’s olive branch here was a bit sarcastic but, good lord, who am I to complain about that. I pee sarcasm. Hell, he didn’t have to say anything at all on this blog (not with all that cume, baby! – OK, I’ll stop).

Anyway, let’s all strive for a certain level of accuracy in our blogging and in our everyday lives. I’m all for debate, differing of opinions, bringing new facts to the table and having a strong point of view. But let’s at least try to be honest. That doesn’t mean having to be balanced or trying to find the truth by splitting the difference. It just means leaving the bullshit out of the discussion.

Update: Although I do agree with JP, the offending post should at least be corrected.

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Dave,

The offending post has been corrected.

This is both honorable, and wise on Brian's part.

And no Brian, it doesn't make you weak, it actually places you in a position of strength.

Hope to have many excellent debates with you.

JP

Anonymous said...

What you did to Brian was attack him personally. He wasn't afforded the same opportunity as you are only a screen name and photo. And, how quickly you were to go on an all out personal assault. Brian is a great guy who deserves the same apologies he gave you.