Friday, February 23, 2007

Quick, To The Bat Blog!

.
It’s insane that the old 1960s Batman TV series has not yet been released on DVD. Batman was the first prime time series I remember regularly watching when it hit the airwaves when I was 5 or 6 years old. I took that show at the time as a serious crime drama and would never miss an episode.

Batman was my hero. One of the greatest disappointments in my life was, as a six year-old, having to endure the fact that my friend from across the street had this awesome mother who sewed together a batman costume for him and a Robin outfit for his little(r) brother. All I had was a makeshift cape consisting of a bath towel attached to my shoulders by clothes pins. I still hate that bastard.

I lived and breathed Batman. The only thing on my birthday and Christmas lists were Batman paraphernalia. And the show was never to be missed. My second biggest disappointment ever was when the show was cancelled.

Now I have a son who, for some reason, has an interest in Batman. He has a small Batman action figure (action figure, not a doll – OK?) and has a few Justice League DVDs that include Batman in cartoon/comics form. So I got to thinking, can the Batman TV series be purchased? I mean there is probably a pretty big market of end-of-the-Boom Boomers like me who would buy the DVDs for nostalgia reasons. But I was disappointed to find out that they haven’t been released due to some legal haggling over, I assume money.

Time to get Commissioner Gordon to send the Bat Signal to get the Dynamic Duo out to straighten out the Jokers who are proceeding at a Penguin’s pace in getting these DVDs released. They may have to knock a few of these Riddlers heads together (OOF! POW!) to rescue the video and return them to Stately Wayne Manor for distribution.

No comments: