Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Beer Blogging: Let Others Do My Work Edition

.
A couple of area bloggers have made my work here easier by doing a pulling a little online beer duty of their own. So rather than tax my beerability this week, I just riff off of others.

First, John at Just Two Guys put up a post about Anheuser-Bush’s new gluten-free beer called Redbridge.

Actually, I had planned for weeks on doing a FBB post on gluten-free beer but never got around to it.

As John explains, this is an important development because there are a lot of people out there who are gluten intolerant, meaning they can’t consume grains such as wheat, oats, barley, and rye or things made with those grains. That meant no beer for them. Until recently, that is. Here is a link to another site that lists other gluten free beers but its important to note the Redbridge is really the first gluten-free beer to be mass marketed by a major brewery (to my knowledge anyway).

Next, I received mail from Marie at Disarranging Mine alerting me to this beer video, er, beer-soaked music video or something.

Let's Get Wasted


I have no idea what Luxus beer is. I’ve never heard of it and my brief Google search (remember I’m not working this too hard this week) returned no information other than maybe it’s Belgian or maybe from Latvia.

Anyway, thanks to the Springfield blogosphere for giving me a much needed break.

2 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

I don't mind Redbridge at all. My other favorite is Bard's Tale for a good gluten-free beer. I also wrote a blog entry a while back (pre-Redbridge) comparing Bard's and New Grist gluten-free beers if you want to check it out.

I don't drink much beer in general, but when I do, I prefer either Bard's or RedBridge now for sure.

Dave said...

Mike,

Thanks for the comment and the link.