Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Springfield Walk of Fame

.
Grace recaps (about halfway down the post) the very funny movie star hunt that took place in downtown Springfield Friday night.

Apparently it was kicked-off in earnest by some report on the radio that George Clooney and Matt Damon were in town and partying at the bars. They were alleged to be here for Barack Obama’s Big Announcement on Saturday. What radio station was that, or is blaming a radio report just part of the larger urban legend?

Former Wingman SK was downtown that night and told me rumors were constantly changing the location of our partying stars. He said at one point the story was that they were at The Firehouse. Yeah, The Firehouse. I wouldn’t even go in The Firehouse, why would George Clooney of all people?

Still, I’m kind of sorry I missed all the silliness downtown. Well, I did help spread the rumor when I linked to a post from an otherwise very reliable source (let’s call him Mitch Riller) that the movie studs were indeed in town. Maybe “Mitch” was just in on the joke and hooked me and other bloggers for the fun of it (we are a pretty gullible bunch).

Anyway you look at it though, it was fun and something we’ll all remember. Springfield just isn’t silly enough most of the time.

No comments: