Monday, July 17, 2006

A Bad Place To Live

teh
Well, Springfield didn’t make Money magazine’s top 100 places to live again this year. Bloomington made it to 80th place but that’s the closest finalist.

I’m not sure of all of Money’s criteria for judging but this chart, which compares Springfield to the top ten cities, gives some clues. The thing that stands out to me is the relatively anemic job growth here.

Other Illinois cities to make the top 100 include:
Naperville (#2)
Orland Park (#45)
Aurora (#55)

3 comments:

ThirtyWhat said...

Wayne's World
Wayne's World
Party Time
Excellent!

Um ... sorry. I couldn't help myself. Boy, I bet they HATE that up in Aurora.

Anonymous said...

I would hate to live in Naperville. It would be more accurate to call that list "Money Magazine's idea of what cities should look like according to corporate America." The answer is that cities would suck if they followed that vision.

Dave said...

Anon 5:28,

I agree.