Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Le Menu Revisited

Blog about it and they will come. About a year ago, I put up a blog post about the Le Menu frozen dinners that were all the rage in the 1980s. You may still have some of the highly reusable plates in you cabinet.

I continue to get comments on that post at a slow but steady pace. The latest is from a woman who claims to be the granddaughter of the inventor of Le Menus! Usually commenting on a post that’s more than a few days old is a waste of time, no one is going to see it. I see the ones my blog gets only because I have a copy any new comment is emailed to me.

But posts like my Le Menu item seem to maintain a life of their own because it fills an infinitesimally small niche on these internets. I know before writing the post I Googled Le Menu and found almost nothing. Now I’m king of the Le Menu world on Google.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, myself have 2 plates....1-round and 1-rectangle (corner broke off) but, I LOVE these plates, wish I could acquire a bunch more of them!!! I remember the meals were pretty darn good but, the plates probably were more popular!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about those Le Menu meals again last night, so this morning I googled Le Menu, & found this. What ever happened to them anyway? They seemed to just dissapear! I was hoping I'd find the company, & find out where they might be sold now-days. Guess not, huh?

I not only remember those meals, I used to have a LARGE stack of those plates. I sold most of them in a yard sale about 10 years ago. I still have about 6 or 8 of the white (round) ones that I use ALL THE TIME, 'cause they're the perfect size for the smaller meals that I fix for myself these days. I also have about 8 of the Chinese red ones that the oriental meals came on, packed away in my camping gear.