Saturday, January 05, 2008

Obama Wins - Or Else Whitey Gets it

That's the latest thing in Rightwing World. If Barack Obama loses the presidential election, all those violent black people will riot and kill all of us superior white people. Therefore, lots of superior white people will be voting for Obama out of fear of this black apocalypse.

The conservative mind is truly a thing to behold.

Oddly related to this, I was listening to a talk show on satellite radio the other day and the guest was some very racially partisan, if I can coin a term, African-American who was very anti-Obama. The gentleman, I forget his name, I think ran a newspaper catering to the black community, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, he was all up in Obama's (and Oprah's!) face about how they don't really represent the black community. Or something. All of which seemed odd to me since Obama (and Oprah!) aren't claiming or even attempting to represent only the black community. Obama is running for an office to represent all Americans, in fact. So I guess at least this guy won't be rioting and raping white women if Obama loses.

Update: The violence associated with the Obama campaign has already started, but not the way originally envisioned.

No comments: