Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sanitized on the Job

I use hand sanitizer at work daily. Sometimes several times a day. Not that I have a particularly dirty job or am a germophobe, I just think it’s a good idea, especially this time of year (and it’s another 10 seconds I get out of working).

I have an “unscented” store brand that reeks of alcohol. Today, the inevitable finally happened: someone came into my cube and noted that it smelled like booze. I quickly demonstrated the germ-killing aroma of my hand sanitizer to allay any fears that I’ve having a little more fun at work than everyone else. But it makes me wonder how many people have smelled it and not said anything, then left figuring I was drunk. And how would they know the difference?

3 comments:

John said...

You're probably the Otis Campbell of your office, and you don't even know it. It's time to come out of the closet with your hand-sanitizing ways. Sanitize in their faces if you must.

Anonymous said...

Actually it was their concern that you're blogging from work that's been reported.

Manx said...

And whenever you ask for a raise, they're thinking "Booze money".